Tuesday 26 March 2013

I've Been Framed

I've been doing some basic calculations on power, weight, etc. and I released that it is time pin my flag to the mask to choose an airframe :)

Weight is critical on a hovering aircraft so let's go for a light one ... to be exact, the lightest and strongest my pocket will afford!

I've seen some airframes ... some amazing carbon fiber ones at a lovely high price, some very good looking ones however out of fiber glass or worse.  With the amount of crashing that's bound to happen, I think I'll need something stronger than fiber glass and ply wood.


So what have I chosen?  A while back I was really taken with Warthox videos ... this is amazing Quadcopter video.

It's just fantastic!  There is the option of carbon fiber however, as I'm starting out, aluminium is best.

So I've placed my order! I'm going via Flyduino and those guys are great, I placed the order yesterday evening and shipping today!

I'm so looking forward to starting to see something more physical in addition to the electronics.

Time to chose the motors, batteries and ECS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment