Saturday 19 January 2013

The Idea Forms

I like crazy sports and a few months ago I bought a Sony Action Cam, it's fantastic!  Many things I love over the GoPro however that's for another blog.

I was thinking, as great as all the head/bike mounted shots are, I want shots from an observing perspective.  I want high beautiful landscapes shots with myself and friends below doing whatever crazy sport we are doing that day.

I can't afford a TV crew, time to think of an alternative!

Then the idea came, "Could I build a Personal Drone?"


I laughed as I thought surely not.  
  • Firstly, I'd need some sort of expensive GPS tracking system.  
  • Secondly, what do I know about aircraft?  
  • Thirdly, I know nothing about motors and controlling them ... let alone for flight.  
  • Fourthly ... well loads more "it's impossible" thoughts ...
I laughed more, funny idea but impossible!

Yet curiosity took me.  Is it truly impossible?

Now a few hours on Google and I reckon I might stand a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment