Wednesday 23 January 2013

Time to lock down the design?

Time to take stock!!!

Lots of learning over the last 5 days.  There's a lot in my head right now, many thoughts about the pilot control of the drone ... must write that down.

The electronics coming which will be fun, there's more learning there!  Last part of the puzzle is connecting the Electronic Speed Control (ESC) to the Gadgeteer Mainboard.  Definitely do-able, so I'm not worried.

Once that is done, time to lock down the design.  I can't believe in 5 days this has gone from impossible to possible.

What's Needed in an Airframe?


Here's a few things I reckon I need ... will be fun to look back in a month and see how it has changed!

  • Lightweight ... I can't afford Carbon Fibre so Aluminium looks good
  • Strong ... one I don't want it to break on the first go!
  • Structural Integrity -  I want to minimise vibrations ... that will do the sensors no good.
  • Storage ... somewhere to hold the electronics, batteries and camera

Sounds a tall order ... time for more research!

I reckon the Motors and ESCs now not hard to decide on after yesterday!

The final electronics are tricky to decide.  I have a theoretical idea on how many sensors are needed however that all depends on how the real machine flies.  Let's just have some fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment