Saturday 19 January 2013

Third Task - Control Electronics ... ummm not a clue!

Now this I thought would be hard, I need some clever electronics!!!

On a quick trawl of the net I wasn't much further.  Where to look?  Could this be the hurdle that makes this impossible?

I have no clue, I've check out what robot hobbyists do.  They have something called Ardurino, I'm not sure what that is all about.  It seems low level digital processing, I could be wrong.

I have a feeling I will need some good processing power, surely building an Autopilot system needs some fancy code?

Then after looking around, BREAK THROUGH!!!!



Microsoft has this great thing called Gadgeteer!!!! It's simple hardware system based around Micro .Net Framework.  Fantastic!!!

I'm totally in love with this!!! You buy a small battery powered motherboard then get whatever extras you need, e.g. sensors, motor controllers, wireless modules, etc. etc..

Plug it together, write your code and you have your system!!

Best of all you can do Object Orientated code ... my brain loves that, for this super complicated autopilot system being OO will save me so much heartache.

Yes, it's all C# too, haha my favourite of  favourite languages an in Visual Studio too, oh I'm such a lucky boy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment