Tuesday 22 January 2013

Mystery solved ... Airframe, Motors and Control!!

Oh how fantastic!!!!  I knew I was missing something!!!

I came across this top website where it lists components that other's use, excellent!

Also there's links to other hobbyists who on their webpages list the parts they use ... I am so lucky, I love the internet age!  FYI, here's one hobbyist and here's another :)

Where I was going wrong?


I had over specified the motors, then needed over specified Electronic Speed Controls (ESCs) and also looking down the wrong path for the ESCs.

It's so easy to go down the wrong path, I was so locked into checking robotic websites and component sites that I had neglected radio controlled hobbyists.  These guys need electric motors with ESCs and there's bucket loads of affordable offerings!!!
10 or 12A motors be fine! Then ESC cost only $12 each.  Even then a 30A ESC cost < $20 each.  Oh brilliant!

I'm so happy!!!  I can get an airframe (still need to decide), I know I have a solution for the motors and yes I can get affordable ESCs, what a result of a day!

One more question:  How to interface the ESC to the Gadgeteer Mainboard?

No comments:

Post a Comment