Monday 21 January 2013

PC setting up

Good news, I've placed the order with Love Electronics for the Argon R1, a bunch of sensors and some other tiddly bits to get myself going!  Happy days :)

Time for a bit of action, let's get the computer set up.

I've not coded for about 3 years.  I do miss it a bit so it'll be lovely to get back into the swing of it again.  

Time to install my sweet heart Visual Studio.  Simply the best development platform I've ever used!

It's just amazing Microsoft have a free version called "Express", well done! Yes a thank you to Microsoft is needed otherwise for this project I'd have to shell out £500 for Visual Studio and other (optional) £300 for the MSDN.  

FYI, (start playing the violin) back in 1999 I paid £80 for a student licence of Visual Studio version 6, that was a lot of money/pints for a student to give up :)

VS Express C# installed, tick.  What next?

Well as I discovered there's two further parts you need from Mircrosoft: the .Net MicroFrame SDK and the Gadgeteer Core.  Silly monkey forgot to install the Gadgeteer Core :)

Next is the SDKs from the manufacturers for their electronics.  I installed them from Love Electronics', GHI and Seeed, why not the others might be useful one day!

Easy evening!  Even had a bit of time for some fun Gadget layout :)


No comments:

Post a Comment